So far my favorite manicure to do is gradient. Such a simple technique for such a beautiful outcome. For this manicure used Sinful Colors Mint Apple, China Glaze Secret Peri-wink-le, China Glaze Fairy Dust, and Seche Vite top coat.
This picture is blurred to show the Fairy Dust do it’s magic 😉
Having a girl definitely has it’s perks. Her room is FULL of inspirations for nail art. Even though it doesn’t really come out the way it does in my head, it’s still fun practicing! 😀
This manicure came from the paint on her walls.
What you need:
1. Apply base coat
2. Apply pink. Bottom half or whole nail
3. Apply purple on the top half
4. Put some white on your foil and apply to the middle of the nail with a sponge
5. Apply top coat and clean your cuticles. Your done!
Ok, so two things I’m not too fond of when it comes to manicures so far. Sheer polishes and striping tape. I can put the tape on with no problem but once it’s on I look at it and go, “Yuck!’ The tape on this manicure used to be purple. For some reason it changed to silver. I tried with and without top coat and still it lost the purple color. I guess Ebay is not the place to buy it huh? Sheer polishes are a whole different rant!
The color on my nails are from my Ulta haul (post Here) OPI DS Opulence, China Glaze No Fair Lady, and Zoya Yasmeen. I LOVE the OPI color, unfortunately the pictures give it no justice. (I need practice taking pics).
Ulta was having a buy 2 get 1 free sale so naturally I strolled in, VERY happily. Since nails are my current obsession, I went a tad crazy in the nail department. This is what I got, from left to right:
- Zoya Trixie
- Loreal Wishful Pinking
- Loreal Not a Cloud in Sight
- Loreal Because You’re Worth It
- China Glaze Carribean Temptation
- Orly Bonder Base Coat (review coming soon)
- Sally Hansen Insta Dri Wined Up
- Sally Hansen Insta Dri Brisk Blue
- China Glaze No Plain Jane
- OPI DS Opulence
- 2 Sanitizable Cushioned Files from Flowery for natural nails
Of course swatches are coming!
I used the sponge technique for this manicure. It was pretty simple but I definitely need more practice. I love how the China Glaze Fairy dust just puts it all together!
Testing OPI’s Nail Envy for the base coat.
1) Sally Hansen’s Sweet Talker for the base
2) China Glaze: Dance Baby (Medium pink)
3) Nars: Schiap (Darker pink)
4) Seche Vite Top Coat, of course!
I am so proud of this manicure. It took me a while but I finally got the hang of it. The trick is not too many layers and use opaque nail polishes so you only have to paint the stripe once. I made the mistake of polishing the stripe twice and the manicure got ruined. So my on second try, I only went half way on my nail on the first stripe (by the bottom cuticle) and only striped once the rest of the way. Worked like a charm! Products used: Julep: base coat, China Glaze: Glistening Snow, Nars: Schiap, Loreal: Royalty Reinvented, Seche Vite Top Coat.